Fonticulus Fides

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Submissive Wives

Mrs. Dashwood has posted some very sensible statements on a woman's duty to submit to her husband, all of which I whole-heartedly agree with.

My husband and I discussed these things before we were married, and what it has basically worked out to be is that we work toward a unified agreement whenever possible. But when it's not, my role is to submit and my husband's role is to never ask me to do so, nor to comment on my submission (either in terms of gloats or thanks). It's worked out well for us. Of course, in 9 years of marriage, I can count on just a few fingers the times I've had to "force" myself to submit. I may have had a differing opinion if it was a daily (or hourly) occurance.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home