Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Great Thoughts from St. Francis de Sales

I really needed to read this today. I offer it here in the hopes that somebody else will be likewise inspired.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Undertake all of your duties with a calm mind and try to do them one at a time. If you try to do them all at once, or without order, your spirits will be so overcharged and depressed that they will likely sink under the burden and nothing will be done.

"In all of your affairs, rely on the Providence of God through which alone you much look for success. Strive quietly to cooperate with its designs. If you have a sure trust in God, the success that comes to you will always be that which is most useful to you, whether it appears good or bad in your private judgment.

"Think of the little children who with one hand hold fast to their father while with the other they gather berries. If you handle the goods of this world with one hand, you must also always hold fast with the other to your heavenly Father's hand, and turn toward Him from time to time to see if you are pleasing Him. Above all, be sure that you never leave His hand and His protection, thinking that with your own two hands you can gather more or get some other advantage. "

* * * * * * * * * *

Also, this prayer written by St. Francis de Sales is the prayer of my heart today:

* * * * * * * * * *

Lord, I am yours,
and I must belong to no one but you.
My soul is yours,
and must live only by you.
My will is yours,
and must love only for you.
I must love you as my first cause,
since I am from you.
I must love you as my end and rest,
since I am for you.
I must love you more than my own being,
since my being subsists by you.
I must love you more than myself,
since I am all yours and all in you.
AMEN.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home