Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Coolest Music Teacher Ever!

In preparation for today's feast of Saint Gregory the Great, our parish's own Sister Mary has been teaching the upper grades some Gregorian chant. Zooey, being a 4th grader, is now in the "upper grades." He was really excited to be part of the chant at this morning's Mass...which, alas, I had to miss because of work obligations, and, alack, my husband had to miss because of an emergency dental appointment.

I'm sure it was lovely...I need to talk Sister Mary into letting the children sing chant for a regular Mass some Sunday. (If I talk her into it, she can talk Father into it...)

I'll tell you what, the kids at public school aren't learning Gregorian chant as part of their regular curriculum!

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home