Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I have so very much to learn about the Catholic faith! Divine Mercy Sunday was way over my head, for example, though I did read up on it a little.

Today, I read on the Immaculate Heart blog that the month of May is dedicated to the Mother of our Lord, which was news to me. There's also a link to this great site, which has a lot of interesting information about the Rosary and how it came to be.

I've become much more comfortable praying the Rosary myself. Most days I am able to pray before everybody else wakes up, but if I can't, I've managed to find time for it. I finally have the Apostle's Creed down pat without mixing it up with the Nicene Creed. Since I learned Nicene first, I kept slipping into that by mistake.

"Hail Holy Queen" is the one prayer that I am still having trouble memorizing -- I have to use a "cheat sheet" for that one. I think it's the order of phrasing. I'm sure it's quite lovely in Latin. I shall have to find the Latin text of it and ask my husband to pronounce it for me, just to hear it in that ancient language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home