Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Saying the Rosary in the early morning really does get my day off to a good start. I am 2 for 3 right now -- yesterday, the baby woke up way early herself, so I had to put it off until both kids were napping. It was still a highly positive experience, but I'd rather begin the day with it.

My son was feverish yesterday (he gets these weird, unexpected high fevers and then they go away and he's totally fine within hours), and he spent most of the afternoon clutching the prayer card of St. Hubert I'd put in his Easter basket. He asked to hear St. Hubert's story several times and he keeps calling St. Hubert "my saint" so maybe I was right that he's already chosen his own patron? I'm going to have to invest in Amy Welborn's book about the Saints, not only to have more stories to read to the children, but also for personal inspiration.

My husband and I were talking about our individual eagerness to go to Mass. We're going to try to work it out so that each of us attends a weekday Mass at least once a week, alone and without the children. Of course, we'll all go together as a family on Sunday, but anybody with a couple of small kids knows that you have to spend a great deal of time coaching the little ones through the service. As new Catholics, we each need the opportunity to attend Mass unencumbered so we can focus and learn and relish the experience. I hope that doesn't qualify as "selfish" -- we just honestly need it right now. Maybe because we're new to all of this.

Still haven't figured out the comments thing, nor have I had the chance to sit down with my pal who is well-versed in html. So please, if you would like to comment, drop me a line at sparki777 (at) yahoo (dot) com

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home