Fonticulus Fides

Sunday, May 18, 2003

A week ago, on Mother's Day, a Texas woman called 911 and reported that she'd just killed her children. Stories like this just break your heart...

But there was something especially sinister about this particular case. The woman said she'd murdered her two beautiful boys, ages 8 and 6 (and seriously injured her 14-month-old son) because "God told her to."

As soon as I heard this, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. Because I had a feeling this woman was part of the same circle of churches I used to belong to, the ones I've blogged about before that are involved in a "spiritual movement" that is highly suspect. And today, when I read about the funeral of those little boys, it was confirmed -- same denomination.

Oh, it's entirely possible that her particular fellowship had rejected the "movement" I recounted here. But I tend to doubt it. In the first place, God just doesn't tell women to stone their babies. In the second, you have to be quite bewildered to confuse a voice saying, "Kill your children," with the one who said, "Take, eat, this is My Body..." But that's the kind of thing that happens when you are taught to turn off that "still small voice" within that's raising a red flag, when you are encouraged to open yourself up to "anything."

This woman needs deliverance. And probably so do a whole lot of other people who were sharing her spiritual pursuit. Pray, please pray for these misguided souls. And for all three boys, the one who remains in critical condition, and the two that died at the hands of the woman they loved and trusted more than any other person on earth.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home