Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Over at Notes to Myself, there is some good suggestions for activities, prayers and recipes for All Saints and All Souls days this weekend, including information on plenary indulgence. I'm going to ask my husband if we can go to the family cemetary on Sunday and put out some flowers or something. It's on a hill overlooking the original duggout that his great-great-grandfather built when he first claimed the land. That parcel actually belongs to my father-in-law's second cousin, but it's where all the family so far has been buried. It's about a quarter mile from the family farmhouse, as the crow flies. I haven't been there since Grandma was buried there last October, and I've never once put flowers on anybody's grave or tidied up a cemetary. But no time like the present, is there?

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home