Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Insert Tears Here

My friend Mrs. B-B and I have been trading darling stories about our children today. Here's one for the ages.

Zooey, age 9, has been begging me to set up a Yahoo e-mail account for him. I've been trying to put it off in the hopes that it's not that important to him yet, but no luck. Finally, he asked if he should discuss it with his dad, and I said sure. So he went off to plan his attack.

After the kids were in bed, my husband found Zooey's crib sheet. It reads:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dad, can I have an account on Yahoo! too?* I have my user name and password ready to go. Please?

(give pleading look)

(If he says no, pretend to cry.)

(If he says yes, say, "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" and give him a big hug.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After he was done laughing, my husband said, "It's not a good plan. He should know by now that if I say no, crying isn't going to get him anywhere.

--Sparki


*I completely love his attention to copyrights -- he put the exclamation point in Yahoo!

1 Comments:

  • HILARIOUS. Did he seriously think that you wouldn't know he was pretending to cry?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home