Fonticulus Fides

Tuesday, May 20, 2003

More thoughts on holiness to come soon, plus excellent reader insight, as soon as I have time.

I was up between about 4-5:30 a.m. today, agonizing in prayer about a pending challenge. I know I should look at the situation as a blessing, but I'm having trouble feeling that way. And then when I got up & was praying my Rosary this a.m., of course it was the Sorrowful Mysteries today and I was sitting there thinking, no matter how much I "agonized" in prayer during the wee hours, it was nothing compared to how Christ agonized in the Garden. No matter how I feel beaten down by the circumstances of my life, it was nothing compared to what Christ went through as He was scourged at the pillar. And so on. Sure makes it hard to feel sorry for yourself when you face the Christ and His sacrifice on a constant basis. I guess I should meditate on these things more.

I'll try to find time for more blogging today. In the mean time, if you're reading this, please pray for me regarding this challenge, which I honestly think I can't handle right now, even though I know that God never gives us more than we can bear.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home