Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, August 14, 2003

They are talking about fruit smoothies over at HMS Blog in preparation for the Feast of the Assumption. Who knew such things were to be enjoyed? I've been living on these things (with an occasional plate of nachos -- dr's orders!), trying to get a nice balance of folic acid, calcium and protein into my less-than-cooperative stomach.

Anyway, my recipe:

1 very ripe banana, frozen or not
5-6 frozen strawberries
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice (the kind with calcium for me)

Blend until smooth but still fairly thick and enjoy much as you would a strawberry-banana milk shake.

A Protestant pal has asked my husband to take him to the 10 p.m. Mass tonight on campus at St. Thomas Aquinas, so please pray for that to go well. Haven't been to a Feast of the Assumption Mass before, so I wonder if it will be "too heavy on the Mary stuff" for this particular fellow? But then, the Mass is the Mass, so I shouldn't think it would be anything inappropriate.

I'm going to tomorrow's noon Mass downtown at St. Mary's, our home parish. Looking forward to it.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home