Fonticulus Fides

Friday, January 09, 2004

This is SOOOO not funny...

I'm pretty sure my water broke a little before 5 a.m. today.

I'm technically full term -- 38 weeks tomorrow. In fact, this is exactly the same day and the same way my labor started with Zooey (at 5:15 a.m. that time). I turned over in bed (massive feat these days), felt a little gush, hopped out of bed & there we are. It's not constant, just little gushes.

The not funny part is that I am really not ready. I put off preparing for a baby until after the holidays...which for us lasted until last Saturday as far as activities. Then I was sick as a dog Monday (24 hour flu, I think), so I didn't do much, and just dragged the last couple of days. There is laundry to do, a new infant car seat to buy, things to organize...

I should have known. Zooey's been talking about the baby coming out for the last day or two -- just like he did when I was about to deliver Edyn. And my mom called out of the blue yesterday afternoon, instead of waiting until it was free minutes on her cell phone. And my mother-in-law e-mailed yesterday to say she & Dad were headed out of town for the weekend & may or may not be reachable on their cell where they are going.

Siiiigh. Well, you can't stop babies from coming when they are ready. I'm in the basement trying to dig out some infant clothes and receiving blankets to toss into the washer. I'll go up and pack my hospital bag in a little while, but I'm trying to let DH sleep till his normal waking time. No contractions yet. It really is exactly like my labor with Zooey so far.

There IS a funny part though...

Years ago, I was nanny to two wonderful girls who are 18 months apart in age. Edyn was born on the younger sister's 17th birthday, July 1, 2002. When I got pregnant with a January due date, I apologized to the elder sister, saying her birthdate was a little too soon for this baby to arrive on it.

Well, she turns 20 today. So things may work out after all.

I'm going to go waddle upstairs and get something to eat while I still can.

Prayers welcome.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home