Fonticulus Fides

Friday, March 19, 2004

Like Mommy, Like Daughter...

As lousy as Edyn feels, she's still a typical toddler practicing to be a grown-up by imitating me. Zooey, of course, imitated my husband, so this is the first time I've had a child try to do everything I do.

I was nursing Laurel yesterday afternoon, and Edyn scooped up one of her baby dolls and plopped down beside me on the couch, put a pillow on her lap (I use a Boppy while nursing), and cradled the baby just so. I got this warm feeling in my heart watching Edyn "nurse" her baby doll. I was thinking my daughter was going to grow up understanding that moms nursed their babies and start out motherhood much more comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding than I did.

And then Edyn, realizing she lacks all the proper equipment for the moment, stuck her elbow in the baby doll's mouth.

Hey, an elbow is pointy, too.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home