Fonticulus Fides

Monday, April 05, 2004

Monday of Holy Week

Good reading and meditation for today from Catholic Culture.

Also from Catholic Culture, the following Psalm is recommended for the day:

For Monday of Holy Week
Psalm 21:1-12


My God, my God, why have you forsaken me,
far from my prayer, from the words of my cry?
O my God, I cry out by day, and you answer not;
by night, and there is no relief for me.
Yet you are enthroned in the holy place,
O glory of Israel!
In you our fathers trusted;
they trusted, and you delivered them.
To you they cried, and they escaped;
in you they trusted, and they were not put to shame.
But I am a worm, not a man;
the scorn of men, despised by the people.
All who see me scoff at me;
they mock me with parted lips,
they wag their heads:
"He relied on the Lord; let him deliver him,
let him rescue him, if he loves him."
You have been my guide since I was first formed,
my security at my mother's breast.
To you I was committed at birth,
from my mother's womb you are my God.
Be not far from me, for I am in distress;
be near, for I have no one to help me.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home