Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Mixed feelings...

When I first read that Catholic church buildings in Boston are being sold and developed into condos, I thought that this was totally inappropriate and really sad. And then I thought, gee, I sure wouldn't mind living in a holy place. That would be kind of cool.

Somehow, though, I don't think the majority of people who are buying luxury condos are thinking in those terms.

So now I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I think it would be okay for somebody to live in a former sanctuary, if that person had respect for what that meant. On the other, you can't be sure that the new inhabitents of the location would feel that way. And, of course, what else do you do with one of these beautiful buildings? If the Church can't afford to keep it and you don't want the building used for anything else, then you have to destroy it. That doesn't seem quite right either.

What do you think?

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home