Fonticulus Fides

Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm just so MAD!

Somebody stole our double-stroller off our porch.

We have one of those old-fashioned porches with the rail all around and only an opening in front of the front door. We also have a big, black scary-looking dog. And we've never had anything else stolen from our house, porch or yard. Well, I guess temptation was too much for somebody, and our double-stroller is gone.

I'm mad because taking the girls for a walk around the zoo was one of our favorite things to do. I haven't been able to take them for over a week because they are just now getting over the flu and before that I had some very busy days. But now it's gone. I thought my husband had put it away some days ago, and he though I had...who knows exactly when it was stolen.

Filed a police report. Not that we have any hope.

Oh, and if you know somebody who suddenly turns up with an older Graco double stroller, white frame, navy cloth (either polka-dotted or striped with white, depending on the location), tell them DO NOT FOLD IT UP. Because once it is folded, it's almost impossible to get it to latch open properly again. Which is why I hadn't put it away and was storing it on our porch until the weather turned too cold for walks.

Fuming...fuming...fuming...

--Sparki

2 Comments:

  • Aw, that's terrible, Sparki. This isn't as bad even if it's an actual theft because yours was closer to a need, but one of Davey's toys disappeared, and one that looks just like it is sitting in front of a neighborhood house where we don't recall seeing one before. The adults in that house seem busy and we don't really know whose kid is who. So it's awkward thinking about getting it back especially since we can't be absolutely certain it's Davey's. Davey actually was asking a kid from there to bring it to him, talking to him out the window today. I didn't see the kid's reaction, so I don't know how this will pan out and what we will do. Hope whoever took it just "borrowed" it, which one of them has done before with a watering can or something and returned it, and which I don't mind *too* much. But it's awkward.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

  • RO, we've been through that, too. The little boy who occasionally stays with his mom next door (long story) has sticky fingers and just LOVES Zooey's toys.

    The first time it happened, I said something to the mom like, "Oh, Zooey has one like that and loves it. Or at least, he HAD one, but it disappeared recently."

    The mom laughed and said, "Then this one is probably his, because *I* didn't buy it for him."

    By Blogger Sparki, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home