Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Emergency -- please pray!

My husband got a criptic note from some good friends of ours who recently moved to South Carolina. No details, but "something serious and scary" and a request for prayer.

Please pray for them, the M___ family in South Carolina. I'll update when I know anything.

--sparki

UPDATE: It is the mother. She is being tested for ovarian cancer and has a pretty devastating family history of such "female" cancers to make this quite frightening. She is young -- 41 or 42 -- and their daughter is only 5 years old. They moved to South Carolina just a few months ago, so they do not have a local support network of friends/family to help them through. Please continue your prayers for these good people. Thanks.

4 Comments:

  • Okay, Sparki. Hope whatever it was worked out all right..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM  

  • Thanks, T -- still haven't got the details yet, but I will post when I know something. I am worried sick, though. The dad and the daughter have a history of health problems and the mother has lost many relatives to cancer. Just waiting...

    By Blogger Sparki, at 2:59 PM  

  • I have some friends through out the USA - most in the medical/midwifery profession. Email me with the location and I will put out feelers for competent providers etc if you think that is OK.
    alicia

    By Blogger alicia, at 4:03 PM  

  • They are in Charleston.

    By Blogger Sparki, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home