Fonticulus Fides

Monday, January 09, 2006

My baby turned 2 today.

Or at least she will at the frightful hour of 10:48 tonight, when she's fast asleep. Only frightful because it was an awful labor, since she was almost 3 weeks early and didn't want to come out and I had a panicky "something's wrong" feeling that turned out to be she'd swallowed a very small amount meconium in utero but nobody noticed it because my water was runnng clear. She must of got it all, and it wasn't much, but it was a long night of frequent irrigation of her poor little tummy.

Short, non-bloody birth story here, if you are into that sort of thing.

She's so cute -- if you ask her where our baby is, she says, "All gone!" and beams up at you with this silly, "I'm growing up and you can't stop me" grin a mile wide...

siiiiiiiiigh

--sparki

3 Comments:

  • Aw. Wow, that time went by really fast. Our li'l DS2 was barely being heard from in the form of faint queasiness around that time... and now he's 16 1/2 months old. I had this sense of us being pregnant at the same time, but it really wasn't long at all that we were!

    Anyway, happy belated birthday :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • Thanks! She just seems so grown up all of the sudden. I can hardly believe your DS2 is almost a year and a half! Crazy...

    By Blogger Sparki, at 10:24 AM  

  • has it really been that long? I guess it must have been.......

    By Blogger alicia, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home