Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You gotta read this!

A most excellent homily delivered on Ephiphany by a 30-year-old priest.

Also, please pray for the repose of Loanne E.

A long-time family friend (she and her husband and my parents have been best pals since the 1950s), Loanne died on Saturday and will be buried tomorrow. Her death was quite sudden, following an infection of her spleen. My parents had spent time with them during the holidays, just about three weeks ago and are quite devastated by the loss. Just after New Year's, they also attended the funeral of a former neighbor, Bill, whom they considered a good friend.

It's awfully tough to be entering the age when funerals are becoming common events on one's calendar, and it surely is making my parents think of their own mortality, so if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for them, I'd appreciate it. My folks have been estranged from the Catholic Church since around the time of my birth.

--Sparki

2 Comments:

  • Sparki,

    Thank you for asking for a special patron saint for 2006 to be drawn for you. You were chosen by St. Jeanne-Antide Thouret!

    Please let me know of any connections with your saint and please just comment at my blog so that I know you receive this message.

    Thanks and God Bless

    By Blogger Matthew, at 9:23 PM  

  • Will pray for them, Sparki.

    By Blogger William Luse, at 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home