Fonticulus Fides

Friday, May 23, 2003

Okay, back to some of the topics I've been wanting to talk about…

Davey's Mommy was kind enough to drop me a line last Sunday regarding my post about holiness and point me toward this informative site about St. Therese of Lisieux. I haven't yet studied the lives of many saints, including the more well-known ones like St. Therese, so I am very appreciative of the direction.

As Davey’'s Mommy pointed out to me, there's a great quote on that page that directly ties into what I was mulling over:

"St Therese translated 'the little way' in terms of a commitment to the tasks and to the people we meet in our everyday lives. She took her assignments in the convent of Lisieux as ways of manifesting her love for God and for others. She worked as a sacristan by taking care of the altar and the chapel; she served in the refectory and in the laundry room; she wrote plays for the entertainment of the community."

Then Davey's Mommy noted, 'It's like as a nun she really did become a 'spiritual [and sort of temporal!] mother' to those around her."

It sure does. And this was a big help for me. I find my attitude about the mundane and sometimes icky parts of motherhood is improving a bit. I hope that's a permanent trend. I want my kids to remember me as a happy and loving mom, not one who grumbled her way through a diaper change or sighed every time she was asked to do something only a 3-year-old would consider fun...

Thanks, Davey's Mommy, for the great input.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home