Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, May 19, 2005

St. Theresa Chain E-Mail???

This is a little bizarre. I received e-mail this morning from a far-away friend, but it was a chain letter with a St. Theresa prayer. The instructions were to make a wish, read the prayer and send it on to seven people, plus return it to the original recipient so that she/he would know you did the prayer. Then four days later, you're supposed to write the recipient again and say what happened.

Now, the first thing that strikes me as odd is that I've always considered chain letters to be superstitious bunk. But I've never received on that only required prayer, and prayer to a legitimate saint. I have no problem praying to St. Theresa at all, and I know there are many credible stories of people receiving roses in some way after praying to St. Theresa. But is this format credible?

And the really bizarro part is this friend of mine is a former Catholic!!!

THoughts?

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home