Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A teen and her baby desperately need your prayers

I have been in contact with a 14-year-old girl through the Internet who is sexually active. She wanted to know whether or not to tell her mom. I advised her to and made a strong case to stop the sexual activity. Oddly enough, she kept talking to me, even through the time of her mom finding out. I'm also talking to her mom, though not as often.

Last night, this girl took a home pregnancy test and it came up positive. She's cutting school today and some friends of hers are taking her and her boyfriend across state lines to a "friendly judge" who will allow her to get an abortion without parental notification. My hands are tied -- I don't know how to reach her mom faster than e-mail. I tried that -- I let the mom know that something was wrong and that the girl has a ride across state lines in the morning. I'm hoping the girl will confess the reason why herself. But I'm about to send a second message to make sure the mom knows she has a grandchild whose life is on the line today.

Please pray.

--Sparki

UPDATE: Since she was classified as a run-away, the state troopers went looking for her. The found her approaching an abortion clinic, with judges orders in hand. So, the baby's life has been saved. Hopefully, with prayer, everything will be put to rights again. The girl's mom is a terrific lady who is really devoted to her daughter and the baby on the way. They still need prayer, but I think things will work out.

2 Comments:

  • Is there any chance that her parents will be found in contempt of court for stopping the abortion?
    If so, I think that a phone call to the Thomas More legal center would be in order.

    By Blogger alicia, at 8:49 PM  

  • I don't know, Alicia. I think she was classified as a run-away by the Mississippi state patrol well before she appeared before the judge in Alabama. So wouldn't that legal status hold precedent? I don't know anything about the law in such cases, obviously.

    Regardless, though, last I heard she really does want to have the baby, she just didn't want to tell her parents she was pregnant. Now that they know, it's a whole new ballgame.

    But boy, is she MAD at me!

    By Blogger Sparki, at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home