Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Crunchy Cons

My husband brought home a copy of Rod Dreher's new book, Crunchy Cons last night. What a great surprise! I read the intro and the first chapter last night and quickly skimmed through the rest. I'm kinda shocked at how much he writes about is exactly the way I think...and quite pleased to find there are sooooo many other people in the country who think the way I do. But it's a little scary that some of the things I thought were eccentric -- like the way my husband and I consider architecture part of our philosophy -- Mr. Dreher is promoting as well! Maybe I'm not as eccentric as I thought I was?

Well, so far, I'm enjoying the book and feeling so darn supported, I'm planning on expanding my organic garden this year.

--Sparki

1 Comments:

  • I'm looking forward to reading it too, as soon as the Lincoln City Libraries gets a copy. I've felt a wierd disconnection with a lot of the conservative boilerplate that gets so much play from the media, it's good to see that there's more people out there like me.
    BTW, I liked your article in the Register on the Vietnamese celebration. Later, neighbor.

    By Blogger Brother James, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home