Fonticulus Fides

Monday, March 20, 2006

Homily on the Occasion of a Six-Year-Old's Funeral...

The Steinburgs are not a media-seeking family, so I have hesitated to link to the father's blog before now, but I must today. Their six-year-old daughter died tragically on February 22, apparently taken by bacterial meningitis. Following her death, her dad started a blog as an outlet for his grief, raw and real.

He recently posted the homily delivered at Elena's funeral, and it is indeed a wonderful statement of faith and hope.

(Please forgive the all-cap presentation -- I toyed with the idea of recreating it here in normal text, but I don't have permission to do so, nor do I feel like I should seek it from Mr. Steinburg.)

Let us all pray for this family as they cycle through their grief. Elena, may God bless you.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home