Fonticulus Fides

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Well, it wasn't a gun and it wasn't a murder/suicide...

My aunt & uncle were found in the garage with the car running. My mom said her last conversation with her sister was normal -- that Diane was alert and communicative. So it looks like it was a mutual choice they made together. A suicide pact.

Doesn't make it any easier on those left behind.

Please in particular pray for my cousin Susan. She is all alone in this, with one brother long deceased and the other not to be found. Her husband and children are at home in Hawaii, and my mother has neglected to contact her this week, so she really has nobody to depend on as she works through all the details with the police, the attorneys, the government, the insurance company and what not.

My mom did manage to look up Diane's neighbor and inquire about the deaths, so that's how we know it was carbon monoxide poisoining. There will be no funeral. Bob and Diane said they didn't believe in anything beyond this life and so there was no need for a service. They wished to be cremated and have their ashes spread on their back lawn.

I haven't found an obituary anywhere on the web. Please, if any of you live in the Chicago area and have heard about this couple from Woodstock, IL (a Chicago suburb) and have either a news story or an obituary you could send me, I would much appreciate it. Their names were Robert and Diane Treese.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home