Fonticulus Fides

Monday, December 27, 2004

Please pray for the folks in Southeast Asia

The devastating news has hit close to home for me. My friend Sriyani runs an orphanage and other programs for the poor who live on the beaches of Sri Lanka (her homeland -- she came to the U.S. as a foreign exchange students and married a local fellow). They contacted one of their sons who lives in the U.S. to let them know that they're okay, but their orphanage, Lotus Buds, was completely destroyed. I don't know what has happened to the children or to Roger and Therese, the houseparents. I don't know how many of the people whom Sriyani's other organizations minister to have been killed, but certainly all of them were affected, because her focus was the poor folks who lived on the beach. Sriyani's oldest son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter live in Indonesia, and nobody has heard from them yet, but we pray they are okay. Also, my former roommate Mellie lives in Sri Lanka -- she and her husband pastor a small church near the beach, and I don't even know if they lived through the devastation.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home