Fonticulus Fides

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Three bottles of Elmer's School Glue later...

My son graduated from Kindergarten! Boy, was he proud of himself. They all had little gowns and mortar boards to wear, made by the school secretary. Walked in to "Pomp and Circumstance," recited poems and sang songs. They also each told Fr. W. a joke, since he adores riddles and jokes. It was so darn cute. Then they got their diplomas and shook the principal's and pastor's hands and they were graduated! Photos snapping like crazy, video cameras everywhere.

It was a great celebration. We hosted a light dinner beforehand with my parents, who were in town for the occasion, my husband's parents and parents and a few cousins and uncles. Zooey was wired for sound, but managed to be gracious and polite.

Part of me can't wait for the next graduation, so proud and happy I am. Part of me thinks about my sponsor's son in ICU and wants to take this whole year back so my kids never grow up and I can keep them safe. I know, I know, it's an unrealistic and unfair fantasy. Growing up is good. It's hard to accept the risks, but accept them we must.

As I sign off, I beg you again to please pray for Michael.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home