Fonticulus Fides

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Well, Golly!

I got to this quiz by way of A Plumbline in the Wind, and the results were a shocker, becuase I really am a Midwestern girl, born and raised in Chicago and then spending my college and early adult years in Iowa and Wisconsin. I've lived in Nebraska for almost 16 years, but I never would have guessed there was this much of an effect on my speech patterns. (When my parents visit, my husband always teases me about how Chi-CAAA-go I sound...and then I remind him that he pronounces "pin" and "pen" exactly the same way, so he has no room to talk.)



Your Linguistic Profile:



65% General American English

15% Yankee

10% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern




By the way, Henry has a sobering post up about late-term abortions that is worth a look. All I can say is -- again -- what Fredericka Matthews-Greene says, which is, "Women choose abortion the way an animal caught in a trap chooses to gnaw off its own leg."

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home