Fonticulus Fides

Monday, December 11, 2006

Much rejoicing!

My friend Mrs. H and her husband had their first baby yesterday morning, a little boy, 7 lbs. 14 oz. and the picture of health. No name yet -- which is a bit odd since they were pretty darn confident of a name last Friday! But he must have come out looking not quite like the name they were about to bestow on him. Not a bad idea to take their time...I've more than once regretted our youngest child's name. I was in a bad state after that delivery and left it entirely up to my husband. Who compromised, but now I wish I would have played the, "After what I just went through, I get to name this baby!" card.




Oh, not really. It's just funny to say so.

Now if we can just get Mr. & Mrs. R's baby (#2) to come out of her shell... Mrs. R is intensely uncomfortable and they'd all just like to welcome this little girl with plenty of time to recoup before Christmas. If you're reading this, Mr. R, please tell your lovely wife that I am praying for a healthy and easily managed delivery for her and your new Baby E. (Assuming that's her name, of course, that you won't do what the H family did and change your mind after birth!)

--Sparki

1 Comments:

  • When it comes to naming babies, I like to remind my friends that they can always graciously allow their husband to pick the babies' LAST name. Mom (who will be writing the childs name on every medical, school, etcetera form there is for the next 18 or so years) gets to choose the First name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home