Fonticulus Fides

Sunday, January 09, 2005

The baby turned one today!

I'm always surprised that I'm surprised by the kids' birthdays. One is such a big milestone, of course, and I turned around today and saw my baby, hardly a baby any more. She so close to being able to walk and talk and do all that toddler stuff!

We've all been sick, so poor Lola got a little jilted on the birthday party. We did a snowbaby theme -- a round white cake with an orange-frosted ice cream cone nose and mini Snicker bars for coal eyes and mouth. She loved her cake but was amazingly dainty about it. Didn't get all covered with goo until she was well into it. I actually thought she'd be the one who didn't get messy for a while there.

It's too bad we were all too sick to make more of a big deal out of it! But Lola, honey, it's not because you're the youngest. Honest.

--Sparki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home